A more environmentally friendly community is a healthier and happier one. I am committed to fighting for that change in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
I’m the Green Party representative for Stillorgan local electoral ward, for Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. Having grown up in Stillorgan, it is an honour to represent my ward in the Council.
I was first elected in 2019. Since being elected I have worked for the prioritisation of childcare facilities in residential developments, ensured that a ‘night-time economy’ policy was included in the County Development Plan and fought for safe, segregated cycle lanes across the County…..
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Greens welcome increase in paid parental leaveParents in Ireland can take up to seven weeks paid Parents Leave and Benefit, as part of new measures introduced by Green Party Minister Roderic O’Gorman. The measures will see the number of weeks that parents can take time off work, with financial support from the State, increase from five weeks to seven weeks. Local StillorganContinue reading “Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Greens welcome increase in paid parental leave”
- Greens welcome maternity leave for CouncillorsDún Laoghaire-Rathdown Greens today welcome Cabinet approval to draft a general scheme which will allow for the provision of maternity leave to Councillors across the country. The scheme offers the choice to appoint an individual as a temporary substitute in the place a Councillor who takes a period of maternity-related absence or is absent dueContinue reading “Greens welcome maternity leave for Councillors”
- Mount Anville SiteI am delighted that today the Council approved the sale of the Mount Anville site in Mount Merrion to allow for a permanent home for Gaelscoil Laighean and the development of social and affordable housing. The parents and teachers of Gaelscoil Laighean have long campaigned for a permanent site for the school. The finalising ofContinue reading “Mount Anville Site”
- Apply now for school bike parkingDún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has opened applications for cycle and scooter parking facilities in schools across the County. All schools in the have been contacted and requested to apply for funding. If you feel that your school would benefit from cycle and/or scooter parking facilities, then please contact your school and ask them to apply. The deadline for applications is the 16th March 2022. This fundingContinue reading “Apply now for school bike parking”
- Season’s GreetingsWith the end of the year fast approaching, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year – and to thank you for your support over the past year and for your continued support going forward. Some important information regarding the upcoming Christmas period: I can be contactedContinue reading “Season’s Greetings”